Contact Form

 

CNC final project - Art + Architecture + Culture

This is the last project for this subject. We are required to make an A5 coffee table book. Firstly, we have to create a special tab for weekly journal and show all our progress over there. We firstly have to choose a theme to focus on for the coffee table book. I have chosen Fusion architecture as I feel this is quite interesting. Of course, since I didn't go for any vacation for the Christmas break so I will just focus on photo shooting at Kuala Lumpur. The theme for me fusion architecture is Art Deco. I have decided for so long as I was worrying about the photography problem as I have not enough photography skills to shoot this kind of buildings. However, I will just try my best.

I have went 3 times site visit just to capture some good photos. Walking alone at KL was such a great experience but quite dangerous to be honest. I never try to walk alone at the centre of city. I tried and I felt the freedom as well as I found out Kl has many interesting buildings and heritages. I enjoy shooting the buildings so much and they make me feel like I am having a time travel. When I was capturing the buildings, my mind showed up their history and how they built up yet how to preserve until now. The details, structure and everything is so awesome !

This is my coffee table book content



I will separate my content as Art Deco's building structure as it has unique structure which attracted me to study. I want to educate my readers about the unique of Art Deco architecture. Besides, I made my coffee table book in a retro way when Art Deco was trend at 1920-an. As my photos are not so fancy like others so I have photoshoped my photos in a colourful and playful vintage way to make it more attractive.


The art deco logo was drawn by me. I wanted to create a strong Art deco feel for the cover.
cover
This the back cover of my coffee table book. I have really enjoyed the time travel and I want my readers to feel what I have felt from the time travel by my soul and my camera lens.
back

Ok, so we also need to make a video montage to show our best 10 photos in the video. Besides educate readers about unique structure of Art Deco architecture in Malaysia, I also want to make people feel art deco is a playful and interesting architecture as its trending period is so interesting. Lets dance!


Reflection
lifelong learning

self discipline knowledge

digital literacy

I have learnt so much from this assignment as I never try to use Photoshop this software. I learnt how to photoshop from class and also from tutorial video. I tried so hard to create a colourful and playful feel for the book. ( I do hope my readers understand my concepts ) Then, of course, my digital literacy skills have improved as well as whole project is mostly sitting down and facing computer. Then, I also have improved my self discipline knowledge as I manage my time properly to complete my tasks. I gained so much knowledge from this assignment such as photography skills, literature research, Art Deco knowledge , photoshop skills and etc. I love my book so much as I really tried my best. Special thanks to my lecturers who are really patient to lead us in every weekly progress and correct us when we are in wrong direction. Thanks a lot ! And thank you for people who helped me for this task. Thanks a lot and appreciate so much !




Total comment

Author

MoMo

0   comments

Cancel Reply