Contact Form

 

ENG1 - Essay question

Taj mahal




This is the very first assignment from ENGLISH 1 this subject in FNBE.This assignment need us to write an 5 paragraph essay with 600 - 800 words. Our first essay is to Identify the steps involved in producing an attractive sketch and then write a process essay to describe this process. We are required to do some research on how to sketch an attractive sketch so we can write an interesting essay. I have chosen the topic of How to sketch Taj Mahal for this task. I have researched on the sketches of Taj Mahal so that it can make me imagine of how to make a sketch of the beautiful building.

 The following text is my essay.


Steps to produce an attractive sketch
  Taj Mahal is recognized as one of the universally enviable famous work of the world’s historical legacy. It is also described as the invaluable jewel of Muslim art in India. What makes it so attractive yet eye-catching? In fact, there is no doubt that the design of the building’s structure plays an important role. Taj Mahal is also one of the world’s most wonderful works of architecture with a unique style of element combinations from Islamic, Persian, Ottoman, Turkish and Indian architecture style. The architecture’s structure of Taj Mahal is indeed stunning yet magnificent I have ever seen before. Taj Mahal has impressed me so much with its gorgeous design and it has also inspired me a lot to make a sketch of it for an addition to my precious sketching collection. I will start my sketching in the following text.
    First of all, I will use an H pencil, which is not so dark in colour to draw the guidelines of the building and the towers as well as the river in front of the main building. There is a circle as the onion dome, few rectangles as the building’s body and a few lines with perspective drawing as the river. Next, follow the guidelines to build in the outlines of the whole building structure by using a darker pencil. In addition, draw the four minarets’ outlines as well. Minarets are the towers which frame the onion dome. Later, I will draw the shape of the large onion dome like a Hershey’s kiss chocolate by adding a triangle which sticks on the top of the big circle. The dome is the most spectacular feature of the beautiful Taj Mahal.
    What comes later is to add in some little details of the main building structure. For example, the cone shape in the buildings and the two mini onion domes which are located at the right and the left side of the giant dome. Moreover, side walk of the river is sketched as well with simple fine lines. Next step, details in the building such as the windows and the doors of Taj Mahal is then drawn by me. Iwan (arch-shaped doorway) is the soul of the doors of Taj Mahal with some curved lines on the top of the doors. The arch-shaped doorway is one of the symbolic characteristic of the building too. Not only that, the design of the dome is sketched. After that, fill the page with the garden in front of the main building with simple sketches. The garden can be just two rows of simple shaded trees in orderly arrangement due to it is totally not the main character of the sketch.
    Ultimately, I will add more details on the body of the building by using a 4B pencil. As an illustration, I will draw the calligraphy on the building’s body of the Taj Mahal. Since the building is too far away so I will just have to draw the calligraphy in the necessary and visible part only, there is not required to get into  details because this is just a sketch. Add some sketches on the garden to make the garden in the flesh by adding some shading of the grass and plants. Make some shadow of the building is the following step. Do not ever forget about the reflection of Taj Mahal in the river in front of the building. I just have to simply make some shaded reflections of the Taj Mahal on the clear water for the most part to make a sense of reality for my sketch.
    In a nutshell, I have done my amazing sketch of Taj Mahal. The sketch of Taj Mahal is also one of my masterpieces in my building’s sketching collection. In the process of sketching, I have learned and gained so much including the improvement of sketching skills. The most important part is I have inspired to appreciate every single part of world’s heritage since it is really priceless for anyone of us in this 21-century. Therefore, I will like to make more sketches of building to ensure that I can learn more about the building structure and sketching skills. Preserve this marvelous edifice in the paper is one of the best way to cherish it.

Reflection

              

   In this project, I have gained much and I do really appreciate it.  I have learnt a lot from writing the essay as I thought I don't have many chances on writing an essay in university. I do cherish what have I done such as researching and also thinking on how to produce an interesting essay instead of boring one. I have solved my problems such as checking my grammar mistakes for the essay so that I can learn not to do that mistake again and again.





Total comment

Author

MoMo

0   comments

Cancel Reply