Contact Form

 

ENBE The Journal 1 : Natural Disaster - EARTHQUAKE

This is my first journal of the subject of ELEMENT NATURAL and BUILT ENVIRONMENTS (ENBE). We are required to study about natural disaster and how people deal with it from this  journal. The case study i have chosen is EARTHQUAKE.The reason i choose EARTHQUAKE is because earthquake is a hot issue recently. Earthquake is also one of the most common natural disaster so i can study through more example case such as SHANXI earthquake, INDIAN OCEAN earthquake and etc. Mostly earthquake will only occur in certain places such as TAIWAN, INDONESIA, JAPAN and etc. Earthquake has brought many damage and bad consequences to human and environment.

The following is going to show my assignment with few pictures of my work.
I am sorry that the diagrams of my work aren't clear enough and they couldn't fix to the diagram box due to my technical problem.




                                                                                     First page: introduction to earthquake
                                                                               This page focus on how does an earthquake form.




                                                                           Second page: Earthquake magnitude and average earthquake effects
                                                                                               I used comic to bring out the content :)


Third page: consequences of earthquake
This is a simple mind map to show the consequences of earthquake. I would also highlight on examples of earthquake based on the consequences.


Forth page: safety measures
What to do and Not to do before, when and after an earthquake to ensure human's safety


Fifth page (last page) : conclusion
I have highlighted on what have I learnt from the journal and how do i feel toward earthquake by using comic method.



I purposely make all of them in yellow background colour with some horizontally stripes. This can be due to I want to make my journal to be like a notebook. That's all for the explanation of my work.


Reflection

Digital literacy
Thinking & problem solving skills
Self discipline knowledge



I do love the work I have done because I really gained much knowledge about natural environment. I also learned a lot on doing research, not only on internet but also from books in library. Besides, I have also learned to summarise information that i have researched into drawings. Drawing or sketching may help me to explain the information in an interesting way but not in text form's boring way.

Total comment

Author

MoMo

0   comments

Cancel Reply